Friday, September 01, 2006

...-=Poland II=-...

I haven't been going out as I got the flu since yesterday. Though I have been to many parts of Poznan though... like their Town Hall which looks like Leichhardts Italian Forum only heaps bigger and Ive never seen so many churches in one small city! I've seen about 30 churches around Iris's house alone. Also... I was asking Iris.. "where are the homeless people?" I havent seen one single homeless person in Poznan asking for money! I started to wonder if poverty doesnt exist in Poznan which is quite impossible. Yes... according to Iris there are homeless, poor people here in Poznan. You just cant see them as they're not allowed to enter the city. The police would take them out once they see them loitering around the city. Hmm... quite strange huh!? Funny cos unlike in Australia, the homeless here dont get anything from their government. So I was asking Iris, how do they survive? Through charity... They live in a housing commission outside the city. This way, most Polish people think that it wil reduce their crime rate. Well... to be honest, I havent heard of any crimes around Poznan so it probably works. Imagine if in Sydney, the government would put all the drunks, homeless people somewhere... like Bankstown perhaps?!!? Then build an electric gate so they cant leave Bankstown anymore. Hahahaha!!!! Very mean and evil thought! But anyway, just thought it might work you know....

Anyway... enough with that nonsense.

Have I told you how many good looking people are in Poland? From Gdansk to Poznan! Gosh... I would say it'll be about 85% of them are so hot looking! Whilst waiting for my train at Gdansk (for 3 hours!) I was looking around the people getting off and on the trains and gosh... I was enjoying every single minute of it! I decided to call Poland- Perve land at that minute! Good looking boys and girls! No Indians, Asians or Wogs! Just causasians around! So imagine me sitting there looking at them, then they'll see me and then they'll have this look in their faces wondering what the hell am I doing there! Well... I was thinking the same thing... what the hell am I doing here?!!? Even now when I go out with either Iris or Mamuska (Iris's mum), people would often stare at me... and Mamuska would tease me about it (he likes you-if it's a guy and she wants to eat you-if it's a girl!). Mamuska is lovely... she has taught me many Polish words and at the same time I have taught her many English words. Frizh-frizh= Coo coo! I cant spell the other words but I know how to say thanks, yes-tak, no-niey, dobra-good. I like it here... though it's still so different from home. It's freezing right now and it started raining the other day and I think that made me sick.

I miss sunny Sydney and my friends and my family and of course... My darling. I'm hoping to meet some people here who can speak English so I wouldnt feel so homesick. But till I get well and start going out again that would never happen.

Anyway, thanks to my friends who has called me and has been sms'ing me... Vannia, I shall see you soon... but I'll probably in Gibraltar when you get here.

Love and Kisses from freezing Poznan... xxx

No comments: