Thursday, December 31, 2009

...-=2009=-...

It's 3:24am here in Sydney and this is my last entry for the year 2009. So many things have happened this year with lots of smiles, laughter and a few goodbyes and tears. I can't sleep and I just thought maybe I'd write something here.... The last hurrah for 2009!

2009 started quite well with some friendships flourishing and a couple just waned off. It was the inevitable. Career wise was challenging but I have managed to get my act together, get the courage to move away from my comfort zone and say goodbye to a pretty toxic work environment. I'm now on to a better one but I have bigger dreams and goals for 2010 and I'm so looking forward to it!

Drum roll on..... Love life!!! where do I start???? I was not planning of falling in love and yet it happened. Slowly but surely. I found my confidante, lover, bestfriend and soul mate in him... but as the song goes... "some good things never last...." We are still friends, he just had to move away interstate to find himself, for personal and spiritual growth. I will always be fond of him and will always have a special place in my heart.

I also said goodbye to an old love of mine.... He had to go away to fix himself health wise. It was so painful as he was the love of my life. This guy has given me the strength to become a better person... a stronger person. He has made me realise how much I should value myself. How I deserve to be happy. These were the things that he has never given me but made me realise that I deserve so much better than him. Despite all that, I loved him and to be honest, I still do. I have just realized that I can love him in a different level in a different way. The most important thing I have learnt from him is forgiveness. I have learnt to forgive him for hurting me... but most important of all, that I have learnt to forgive myself... for loving someone so blindly..

The year 2009 was enriching... I think the year 2009 wasn't so bad at all despite all the challenges work wise. The year 2009 has brought me abundance in the quality of friendships if anything. A heart full of love and a soul at peace with my mind. I cried a couple of times in times of despair... but most of all cried cos the pain of saying goodbye to two of the most influential guys in my life... M and M's! Same initials.. MW's... but both completely different personalities. One has taught me the lesson to be gentler on myself and the other taught me to learn how to be open and to love again but in a healthier way... both have made me happy and have left great and wonderful memories that I will forever cherish.

But as 2009 leaves... I will have to let them go. Not as if they are leaving me behind.. but I am setting them free to be a part of my very blue skies!

Goodbye 2009! You have been good to me. Welcome 2010! I am looking forward to a year full of love and much more happiness with my family and friends. I am hoping to reunite with my soul mate but I am not holding my breath. I have learnt that I really shouldn't be dwelling on the past, it has already come and gone and have left me memories so sweet and that I have the present to enjoy and cherish and enrich and a future so bright it's worth looking forward to! At the end of the day, I believe that if things are meant to be, life has its way of making things work out.

For now all I can say is "Carpe Diem!"

Bring in 2010!!! A bigger and a brighter decade!!!

Wishing each and everyone of you much love and light.... xxx

No comments: