Tuesday, December 19, 2006

...-=Nikko=-...

It's my aunty's birthday today and everybody was there for dinner. I was of course late once again as work is so far and our trading hours sucks! So... yes there was plenty of food. I didnt really stuff myself full, just enough for my small tummy. Then my other relo's that's only seen me today were asking questions about my travels. I am now dubbed as "The Jet-setter"... how I wish I was one. Then we went to the family room were the big Christmas tree was and started looking for our presents... how funny! My aunty Vic was tellng all of us what she think is inside our boxes! He he he... After my aunty Malou blew her candle, I didnt eat my cake but decided to put it in a take-away bag... I cant eat much anymore... I have really lost my appetite for unknown reasons... I'm not telling my mum though as she'll start feeding me cakes and sweet stuff again. When aunty Vic and uncle Luis together with my cousin Gino left, we decided to have a look at some photos that are in my aunt Malou's comp. We saw pictures of us during Easter '03 at Gerroa.
 
I then saw a picture of my late cousin Nikko. I started missing him again so much as that was the time that we really bonded. We shared secrets and just talked and talked for hours till the sun was about to rise. I got to know him a lot more better and it made me realize that he's just a typical teenager... just enjoying his life which is full of mischievous adventures which includes sneaking out of the house and getting pissed with his mates. I guess we've all done that... well, I have anyway. I saw his picture when we were at Kiama and I felt sad once again... I miss him terribly a lot. I told my aunt Malou that if aunt Vic and uncle Luis saw that picture, they'll both be sad again- Nikko is their youngest son. I was getting teary-eyed and same with my sister Francesca. They were very close to each other as they were of the same age. They were like best friends. Played football and soccer together and they both even like cooking. They were even making plans of opening up their own coffee shop when they graduate from uni... until one fatal day around late March last year. The Lord took him from us and although it was quite hard to accept at first, we eventually surrendered him to God. I'm sure Nikko is now happy with Him... and for sure he's just around guiding us.
 
I just cant help but think of him lately though. This will be the second Christmas that he wont be with us... And it's sad as we all miss his jokes and the funny faces that he pulls all the time. I miss his silly questions about life... and I miss teasing him about his love-life. Nikko will always be in our hearts and although it's sad that he's no longer with us, we're all happy to know that he's in a happier place than where we are now... he's got the peace that we're still wanting and looking for.
 
Nikko... Kuling as what his Mum calls him.. you'll always and forever be in our hearts. We love you forever.

No comments: