Wednesday, August 16, 2006

...-=The Power Of Now=-...


I was given this book as my farewell present. Well... it's more of me asking for it really as I didnt stop bothering Phil for it. Eventually, I got the book, a pair of blue thongs for walking around London and a small map of London so i wont get lost (just have to make sure I learn how to read maps!!!) The book was recommended by my spiritual adviser Mark (who is a bit of a nut-case sometimes, a firecracker in other times... I'm just waiting for him to finish reading the book and see if it made any changes in him). Anyway... back to the book... It's called The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. It has been read by a lot of famous people including Meg Ryan and Oprah Winfrey. It has had good reviews and is an International Bestseller. I started reading it last Saturday morning. I dont know, I wasnt really bored but just decided to wake up early, make myself a nice cup of tea and sit under the sun and read it. It made me realise that I should stop thinking too much and just focus on what I was doing. Try to appreciate life more. Stop dwelling on the past and stop worrying about the future. Just focus on the NOW.

Sunday was a testing day for me. I got myself into trouble... abused someone (and I am really sorry... I have already apologised to you a dozen times and thank you for granting me pardon...xxx) for believing other peoples opinion about him. It did hurt... everything that they said about him. Even though it was all in the past... it did hurt me. But after reading the book again this morning, it made me realise... if I wasnt living in the past, those comments wouldn't have bothered me as I am now living in the present and have moved on (well... sorta anyway... I still love him and he knows that... well I think anyway...). The fact that he has done so much for me last week... i shouldn't have believed and let my emotions run and control myself. I wasnt focusing... I started thinking about the past.... and most times they are disastrous. One thing that I've learnt is to stop thinking too much and just focus on the NOW... therefore I can achieve my goals without any problems... any pains... Therefore will have a better future... hopefully with less pain too. See now.... I'm thinking about the future again... It will take time for me to become a better Buddha. Intense presence will do that and regular practice of meditation will help me achieve it... It made me realise so many things.. how small things that we do most times is quite destructive. Little things that we get so hooked on is not healthy... it can be addictive and once again harmful to us. Our ego isnt really important and time is only an illusion. You're probably thinking that I've gone crazy... well, I like meditating and this book helps. It calms me down and makes me feel at peace with myself. Lately I'm getting bad anxiety attacks cos of my upcoming travel to Europe and it has been driving me crazy!!! But since continuing reading the book... even the loudest person on the train on my way home tonight didnt even bother me. I like this book and thanks to Mark for recommending it to me. I'm hoping to finish reading the book or just continue reading it when I'm lying on the beach at Malaga.... I recommend that you get a copy too.... Then who knows you might thank me for it too.

Just 4 more days and I'm outta here... Europe... here I come!!!


No comments: