Wednesday, November 15, 2006

...-=The Quest for the Portugese Chicken=-...

Whilst in Portugal, I was craving for the roast Portugese chicken... you know the ones that they have in Petersham..? Okay, if not it's similar to Nando's or Oporto's. I was dying to have a bite of the original version... cooked in Portugal... eaten in Portugal! Problem was... we couldn't find one! My uncle Alfred and I have been looking for it for almost half the day after going to the beach and we were starving. My aunty Elsie and Nan was happy to just have a ham and egg sandwich... we (uncle and I) prefer not to! Like I said, we're in Portugal and we'll eat Portugese food! Bacalao... was on the offer... not really a big fan of it! I was really craving for the Peri-Peri Chicken! After 4 hours of looking for it... we finally found one! It's called Piri-Piri Chicken! There was a problem though... dinner doesnt start till 8PM... the Portuguese have late dinners too! Funny thing was, we havent had lunch yet... just a tart and coffee! So... we had to wait for an hour and a half to eat. My aunty was laughing at us... "that's what you get for being fussy about your food- you get hungry!" So I then ordered tea instead... and watch football. Trying to divert my mind off my hunger. Then I decided to make eye-contact with the waiter (who couldnt speak English and Spanish) and gave him this really really sad and hungry look... he got the message and said in broken Spanish that he will try to open the restaurant early for dinner. I said "obrigado" (thank you in Portugese) and voila! 15 min later... the restaurant was open! He asked me what I wanted... Piri-Piri Chicken por favor and Mateus Rose wine.

Was full, happy and contented after that nice dinner! For dessert... I just had 2 small blocks of Magnum dark chocolate... hmmm.... it really did go well with the wine! I slept peacefully that night... dreaming of the Portugese tarts that I saw earlier at the marina....

The next day, we went shopping. I bought some presents... but I know who will be the happiest... my sister Francesca who's a big fan of Cristiano Ronaldo! Franesca, I got you a Portugal soccer jersey and a scarf! Hope that makes you happy!

I had a ball... sun-baking in Algarve and eating lotsa chicken and tarts afterwards. Portugal... nice place to be! Hey... also noticed that their men are a lot hotter looking than the Spanish!!!! Que guapo!

See you soon mi amigos!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahha.. seems like i do have good taste in men... portuguese.. yesss... they do it for me.. *nods head* THANK YOU FOR THE JERSEYYYYYYYY MI HERMANA! MUCHOS GRACIAS!!! OBRIGADO! aghh! i almost fainted when i read ur myspace comment on my site.. *sigh*

anyways i got my hair did!... soo prettttttttty!... more blondey i guess.. :D


i shall seeeeeee u bright and early in sydney on saturday cant wait till u get back! :D.. i full cancelled every single plan ive got.. just for you :D .. except maybe for work on that day.. if they havent changed my shift u wont seee me back till the afternoon =D misss u and i love u mwah mwah xox